Benefits of Cloud-Based Software Programs
Cloud-based software was known as “software as a service,” or SaaS. Basically, cloud-based software is a business model that uses licensing and monthly fees to allow the users to have access to using the software on the owners’ servers. The user will access the software using a special URL, username, and password. As long as the user pays the monthly fee, they keep the software.
Top 8 Benefits of Using Cloud-Based Programs
- Automatic Updates Included – There’s no need to pay extra in order to bring your software up to date. The updates happen anytime they are needed without you worrying about them at all. It all happens seamlessly within the cloud-based system and you don’t even have to think about it.
- Work from Anywhere, Anytime – You’re no longer tied to your desktop where the software is installed. Now you and your staff can literally work from anywhere and anytime around the globe, often using many different types of devices. Location is now only limited to having a device and Internet connection.
- Upgrade or Downgrade as Needed – Start small and go big whenever you want to. You can even downgrade when needed during slow seasons. Most cloud-based software programs allow you to upgrade and downgrade easily without affecting the functionality of the software.
- Smaller Capital – A small business can get started with the needed fully functional software for a lower cost. Businesses used to have to spend a lot to get started with the needed softwares, but nowadays these can cost less than $100 (US) dollars.
- Business can be Globalized – You are no longer limited to hiring people in your geographical area. Now you can hire the best talents across the globe. They can log into your system with their own device, using their own Internet connection; giving you more options than you had in the past.
- Lower Training Costs – Most cloud-based software programs offer their own training, so users can sign up and watch videos from a repository and send messages to the helpdesk on their own without your involvement.
- More User Friendly – Cloud developers want many people to use their products so they need to make it user friendly. Most cloud-based software programs are designed with well laid-out interface, and some even let you change it to suit your own needs. Typically, you can use what you want and hide what you think are not necessary.
- Fewer IT Requirements – You don’t have to have any IT people on your staff to help you manage cloud-based software programs. What’s more, you can find cloud-based solutions even for softwares you have utilized in the past and that used to be installed natively, such as MS Office with their Office 365 solution or Adobe with their Creative Cloud
Cloud-based software programs are exceptionally effective and are great options to consider using in your business. Another little-known benefit is the ability to write-off 100% of the cost of software subscriptions. When you pay monthly for software subscriptions, you may be able to deduct it 100%, but if you buy it outright you have to count it as an asset and depreciate it over time. (Do check with your tax advisor for current rules.)