10 Project Management Tips to Streamline Your Work Tasks
Most people think that you should only use project management for big projects. However, I found this to be untrue.
Project management for everyday tasks is an essential component for organizing your business but also for organizing your life as well. It really helps with tracking your progress and reminders of what needs to get done each day, without relying on memory, which may cause added stress in your life but also a time waster.
I used to write everything in a spiral notebook, a planner-calendar and on post-it notes. Next thing I know my desk is cluttered with paper everywhere!
Here are 10 reasons to consider on why you need to get organized and start using a project management system:
- Helps You Understand Your Daily Scope – The scope of a project is what has to be done to call any one project complete. When you look at your day there are many tasks that must be done on a daily, weekly or monthly basis to consider your work complete. Using project management will help you accomplish this smoothly.
- Track Long Term Projects – By seeing project management goals in mind, you can better keep track of long-term projects.
- Keep Track of Resources – Minding the budget and other resources takes daily attention to detail, and using project management procedures to keep track of them works like a charm. Send reminders to balance your books, or to buy new trash bags, and you will feel so much more organized.
- Avoid Forgetting Recurring Tasks – Even if you only do something every quarter, having a reminder set up in advance will help you avoid forgetting it. Plus checking off completion of daily tasks feels productive.
- Assists with Daily Lists Prioritizing – One look at your calendar or task management system can help you prioritize your day better. It’s so easy to forget even the smallest tasks that seem unimportant, but those little tasks add up!
- Creates an Environment of Success – Being super organized might sound boring but the more organized you are, the more successful you will feel and in control. People who are good at planning and organizing, are naturally more efficient with their time than those who are not.
- Feeling of Accomplishment – If you get organized and use a good systems, you’ll feel like you’ve accomplished something in your day.
- Less Stress – Stress is a serious problem and can cause poor health. Being more organized cuts down on your stress drastically. If you’re not good at being the project manager, use tools to help you manage your projects or hire someone to help you, like a Virtual Assistant and outsource this project.
- Provide More Time – The biggest thing a project management can do is provide time to spend doing the things you want to do, whether it’s spending the afternoon with your child, attend workshops, or going on a short vacation.
- Assists with Delegation – If you use project management for everyday tasks, you’ll get a better idea of what tasks you need to delegate or not delegate. You’ll have a much more accurate view of your day.
One of my top goals for the New Year, is to get more organized, especially with client projects. I have tried a few different management tools and finally settled on two that I really like and use everyday. I will be writing about which ones I tried and my thoughts and review on their ease of use and learning curves.